We have some HUGE updates that we want to make sure you are all aware of.
San Joaquin Moves Closer to Reopening all schools
The news from the State yesterday included San Joaquin county moving from Purple to Red Tier. This is great news and shows we are all doing our part to get this under control. For schools, this means IF the county continues to stay on track, we will be allowed to bring students back to campus in 2 weeks with all safety precautions in place as defined by the state (CA State Reopening Guidelines (PDF)).
TLC has a plan to reopen in phases. This can all change but as of now:
Nov 2 Primary reopens for all students
Nov 9 Dcs opens for all students
Nov 16 Mhs opens for all students
We will keep you posted when we have more information
PCS waiver is approved!
For those who signed up to begin In-person learning, we will begin Monday, October 5th. Classrooms are being set up and teachers are preparing material and supplies for those who wished to return to in-person learning. All drop-off and pick-up must be in car line. No walkups allowed.
More information to follow about protocols and requirements. As well as times, rooms and teachers etc.
IMPORTANT INFO FOR ALL PCS – Due to the class changes, we will not have online classes this Friday to allow staff to prepare. SO, no school THIS Friday, October 2nd
MHS Electives begin next week!
Millennium High School is bringing back all elective classes two days a week to start the second quarter. Starting Tuesday, October 6th, Millennium students will be required to attend all classes on their schedule every Tuesday and Thursday while we are in distance learning. Google classroom codes for all classes including electives can be found here: MHS Class Schedule for Distance Learning
While we are in distance learning, elective classes will continue every Tuesday and Thursday until the end of the semester. At the end of the semester, students will be earning a grade and credit for all elective classes like they normally would.
Unless there has been an error, we will not be changing or switching electives on student schedules… Please do not ask our counselors for schedule changes unless it is important. Distance learning on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays will continue without elective classes until the end of the semester.
TLC Preschool is back!
Have you heard the news? Tracy Learning Center Preschool is re-opening soon! For more information please contact Amy Jones, Preschool Director (209)229-1575
Here are some steps we are taking to prevent Covid-19
- Frequent handwashing
- Teachers and children wearing face coverings in the classroom
- Children’s temperatures to be taken before entry into the classroom.
- Toys disinfected after each use
- Bathrooms, doorknobs or any other frequently touched areas disinfected frequently throughout the day
- Warm inviting welcome air hugs or air high fives
- More outdoor play
- Physically distancing while sitting, standing, and napping
- Use disposable meal service items
- Meals will be served by a staff member right now versus family style
- Windows open to allow fresh air
- Hours of operation will be 7:00am-5:00pm during Covid 19. Hours for Arrival will be 7am-8am only and departure time will be 4pm-5pm only.