TLC Charter Chatter
A weekly newsletter written to parents of the TLC
How Can I Be Involved as a Parent in My Child’s School?
We realize all of us are busy and few of us have the ability to stay at home and spend all of our time with our children. Sometimes it is even difficult to schedule chances to see our students in extra things that they do such as sports or music. We understand. There are, however, things you can do to be involved that are important and can be done from home. Here is a helpful list of suggestions.
- Check grades often. For older students sign into Aeries to check up to the minute grades. Many parents do this once a week.
- For younger children take the time to read all the information in the weekly folder and send back whatever is needed.
- Read the weekly newsletter called the Charter Chatter. It is an on-line weekly newsletter. If you have a subscription it will come to your phone’s email each Friday.
- Email a teacher if you have a question. It is the best way to reach a teacher and to get a quick response.
- Check back packs, you will find work done that can be praised and you can weed out things that make the backpack heavy but are not needed.
- Ask your student what they did that excited or challenged them as they arrive at home. Don’t take “nothing” for an answer and in no time you will be hearing things that happened at school.
- Model learning. Talk about things you have just learned at work or from reading etc.
- Model reading at home or show your student how you use math for every day things
- Participate by going to events that include your student: sports, band, music etc.
Sept. 25, 2019, Wed. is an Early Release Day – Homecoming Parade
PCS – dismissed at 12:30pm
Champions will accommodate early release
DCS/MHS dismissed at 1pm
Monday, Sept. 2, 2019 is a school holiday – Labor Day.
Lunch Menu for this week…. YUM!
Lunch Menu – Week Sept. 2 – 6
Mon. – Holiday
Tues – Pizza
Wed – Chicken Taquitos
Thurs – No Meat Spaghetti
Fri – Beef or Veggie Burger
Personal Days for Next School Year 2019/2020
VERY IMPORTANT CHANGE for our upcoming 2019/2020 school year Beginning August 5, 2019, we are reducing personal/family days for students from 10 days down to 7 days. Allowing 7 days is still much higher than what the district schools allow and we feel 7 days is more beneficial for the school and for each students’ education.
NOW HIRING: Athletic Coaches
Interested in taking on the rewards and challenges of coaching a high school athletic team? Millennium Athletics is currently creating a coaching pool for all sports and levels, as the life of a coach is ever changing. If you’re interested in becoming a part of our TEAM for any sport, apply here: